Go Back   Official PlayStation Magazine UK > Off topic

Old 07-11-2011, 11:19 AM

I've been into animation since ever I was a little, so what I used to do was pause games frame-by-frame and figure out just how sprites animated -- run cycles, fighting moves, stuff like that really fascinates me!
Old 28-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Banned

Games taught me that if you see a lot of freaky looking creatures, the only thing to do is capture them in impossibly small enclosures and force them to fight each
Old 06-04-2012, 02:50 PM

1) Always look out for barrels when in a firefight, as they are usually of the explosive variety

2) When on the verge of death, just hide behind a wall or other inaminate object until you start to feel better (and, if available, your shields start to regenerate)

3) If you talk to someone and they repeat the same thing over and over again, you have probably talked to them too much and will not obtain any new information

Ok now for the serious ones! Although gaming hasn't taught me anything per se, I have always thought that games can provide a positive release when dealing with stressful situations.

I did not have the easiest of upbringings, however I always had a roof over my head and was lucky enough to get into gaming from a young age.

Gaming to me is a positive form of escapism; a place where you can go to to get away from the bores of everyday life and unwind. Works for me everytime
Old 11-04-2012, 03:25 PM

That real life should have a save/load option.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlStuart View Post
That real life should have a save/load option.
Amen! Would love to be able to restart an old save after embarrassing myself the night before!
Old 06-07-2012, 07:06 AM

I meet lots of friends in game.what are the best browser games? Evony? Yes, it was, but it is not. Most of people begin to play my free zoo because this game allows for social communications. So forget Eony and start playing Epicx with me. You will be getting smart.

Last edited by bedookyabi; 12-07-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:07 PM

1. If you, and the world around you, suddenly look better than you did moments before, you are probably in a cut-scene. Get ready for a possible QTE.

2. If you are an androgynous, emo, teenager; chances are events outside of your control will culminate with you and your rag-tag bunch of do-gooders, saving the world.

3. If you know someone who is either: a) Extremely snarky and sarcastic, or b) unfathomably cool, then they are destined to be a baddie.

4. If you happen across a cooked chicken, be it lying in the road or elsewhere, just eat it. Contrary to popular belief, it will not make you ill, in fact it will restore you to full health.

On a serious note, games have taught me some historical tidbits that I would otherwise not have known. Probably some other stuff too, but what escapes me at the moment.

Platinum trophies: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, CoD: Modern Warfare 2, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Resident Evil 5, Assassin's Creed II, Fallout 3, Batman: Arkham Asylum, CoD: World at War, CoD: Black Ops, Final Fantasy XIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Heavy Rain, Batman: Arkham City, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands, Far Cry 3, Skyrim
Old 09-07-2012, 10:53 AM

1) GTA IV online taught me that everybody likes to hang out in an airport.

2) Thanks to online gaming I'm not as good as I thought I was Harsh lesson.

3) As technically advanced aliens are, we always win... always.

4) Always aim for the head - more/quicker points.

5) Assassins Creed is like an encyclopedia at times so there's plenty to learn. Who says game's aren't educational?