Go Back   Official PlayStation Magazine UK > Off topic

Old 25-04-2012, 08:34 PM

Hey guys, thanks for the great responses.

Got a bit of a mixture of musical tastes, and it's all good!

So does anybody play any musical instruments on here, or is anybody in a band?

I play bass in a rock band that have been together since October last year, though I started out playing guitar and have been known to play piano.
Old 29-04-2012, 04:06 PM

I tend to lean towards rock and metal, but I like lots of other stuff (I love James Brown). After buying a few Guitar White Pages songbooks, I've been getting greatest hits CDs from lots of different genres to learn more songs. Sadly, thanks to my PS3 I've kind of gone from guitarist to guitar owner. My cool Ibanez is sat in the corner, unloved, begging for a damn good fingering, while I'm logging in with Gran Turismo 5 most days just to get free paint for a crappy bronze trophy. What the hell happened?

Last edited by enigmaticbob; 29-04-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 29-04-2012, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaticbob View Post
My cool Ibanez is sat in the corner, unloved, begging for a damn good fingering
Giggity....
Old 03-05-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
I tend to lean towards rock and metal, but I like lots of other stuff (I love James Brown). After buying a few Guitar White Pages songbooks, I've been getting greatest hits CDs from lots of different genres to learn more songs. Sadly, thanks to my PS3 I've kind of gone from guitarist to guitar owner. My cool Ibanez is sat in the corner, unloved, begging for a damn good fingering, while I'm logging in with Gran Turismo 5 most days just to get free paint for a crappy bronze trophy. What the hell happened?
I know what you mean, priorities and all that! Ibanez have sweet guitars, but I'm more of a Gibson SG fan myself (I own an Epiphone cherry red SG).

However there is something that might help you get back into the swing of things: remember the game Rocksmith, that actually teaches real guitar?

Apparently it is finally making it's way to our shores later this year. What better way to get back into playing guitar then by playing guitar AND PS3 at the same time?! Genius!
Old 04-05-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shentonio View Post
I know what you mean, priorities and all that! Ibanez have sweet guitars, but I'm more of a Gibson SG fan myself (I own an Epiphone cherry red SG).

However there is something that might help you get back into the swing of things: remember the game Rocksmith, that actually teaches real guitar?

Apparently it is finally making it's way to our shores later this year. What better way to get back into playing guitar then by playing guitar AND PS3 at the same time?! Genius!
I've been looking into Rocksmith. Reviews and opinions seem torn, so I haven't decided yet if I'm going to get it. I got the Ibanez two years ago after wanting an RG for about twenty-one years. I don't think it counts as a mid-life crisis if you've never grown up.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
I've been looking into Rocksmith. Reviews and opinions seem torn, so I haven't decided yet if I'm going to get it. I got the Ibanez two years ago after wanting an RG for about twenty-one years. I don't think it counts as a mid-life crisis if you've never grown up.
Yeah I've tried to get some balanced opinions from people who actually play guitar and also from novices. It appears that it all depends on what you want from the game. I'm already a decent guitarist, but I want to brush up on some skills whilst learning some new tracks along the way. As far as I can tell this game is perfect for that, but like you I will wait for fresh reviews when it's finally released in the UK.
I play bass in my band so the last guitar I bought was Yamaha Bass. Got my eyes on a new Fender Precision Bass, but it'll take a whole lot of saving before I pick it up!
Old 11-05-2012, 03:11 PM

I'm going to get into playing guitar. I have a few friends who play other instruments such as drums, so I want to try to get good enough to do the rhythm guitar / vocalist combination.

Obviously, starting out I'm going to get a cheaper guitar, probably in the 300 range. If I could have any guitar though, it would definitely be a 1958/59 Les Paul Sunburst (as played by Jimmy Page).

Platinum trophies: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, CoD: MW2, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Resident Evil 5, Assassin's Creed II, Fallout 3, Batman: Arkham Asylum, CoD: WaW, CoD: BO, Final Fantasy XIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Heavy Rain, Batman: Arkham City, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands, Far Cry 3, Skyrim, Hotline: Miami
Old 13-05-2012, 03:39 PM

i like classical music of pur country aur music is based on 7 notes and 8 stanzas it is so lovely