Go Back   Official PlayStation Magazine UK > PSN games and DLC

Old 04-04-2012, 07:38 PM

Default The Walking Dead game

As you may know from reading other threads of mine, I am a huge fan of the walking dead and was mighty chuffed when it became an excellent TV series.

I was even more chuffed when I heard a game was in the works, but my chuffedness suffered when I heard the game would have cartoony visuals and Telltale Games would be responsible!

I'm also a little bit skeptical of the 'episodic' downloading business, so I was wondering what other people heard of this approach and what everyone else thinks of the game?

I know that 'Siren:Blood Curse' was episodic but I didn't have my PS3 hooked up to the interent when it was released.

Here's a link to a gameplay video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLX79XLi408
Old 26-04-2012, 08:15 PM

Default Walking Dead

I downloaded the trial version of the above game today.Im a big fan of the series,and was really surprised how good the PSN downloadable game was,it works so well in the cartoon visuals,and if your a fan of comics,adult comics,you will certainly like this.Personally i thought it was terrific,it played well,contols were easy,and enjoyed the visual aspect of the game.I will most definatly download this every month,i think it should work very well for PSN.
Old 26-04-2012, 09:58 PM

I like how machinima's bro team put it.

The Walking dead was a good comic but a sh*t show so why not crash the whole franchise on the rocks and make a f*cking video game! Kids this world is crap so please escape into space and blow up the sh*t planet behind you. BRO TEAM!

^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc1vebmggVg
Old 03-05-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randa19 View Post
I downloaded the trial version of the above game today.Im a big fan of the series,and was really surprised how good the PSN downloadable game was,it works so well in the cartoon visuals,and if your a fan of comics,adult comics,you will certainly like this.Personally i thought it was terrific,it played well,contols were easy,and enjoyed the visual aspect of the game.I will most definatly download this every month,i think it should work very well for PSN.
I agree with the visuals, it really matches the art style of the comics. I'm going to download all 5 episodes in one go (got me a PSN card for my birthday). Here's hoping the choices you make in the game really do affect the story as the devs claim.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylux024 View Post
I like how machinima's bro team put it.

The Walking dead was a good comic but a sh*t show so why not crash the whole franchise on the rocks and make a f*cking video game! Kids this world is crap so please escape into space and blow up the sh*t planet behind you. BRO TEAM!

^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc1vebmggVg
Ha ha crazy video, but those guys speak way too fast! I actually like that the tv series has gone in a different direction to the comics. I've seen a few interviews with Robert Kirkman when quizzed on the subject and it seems that his main idea behind this was to 'reach out to different audiences'.

I personally think a lot of the comics' content is perhaps a bit too graphic for American tv, hence why there have been a few ommissions from the tv series already.
Old 09-05-2012, 10:04 AM

Default Hair Extensions

i also love walking dead and i big fan of it am using PS 3 right now but the games of PS 3 is more good than any other game console
Old 09-05-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asad110 View Post
i also love walking dead and i big fan of it am using PS 3 right now but the games of PS 3 is more good than any other game console
Lets not start a console war!
Old 11-05-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlStuart View Post
Lets not start a console war!
Shouldn't be too many Xbox only users around here.

*Brings out the sniffer dogs* "Fetch"!

Just kidding, I agree though console wars are a bad idea!
Old 11-05-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylux024 View Post
Shouldn't be too many Xbox only users around here.

*Brings out the sniffer dogs* "Fetch"!

Just kidding, I agree though console wars are a bad idea!
We'll bring them out of hiding by slaging off 360 exclusives! Halo sucks! Gears Of War blows! (I actually like GOW. Halo...meh.)
Old 13-05-2012, 01:45 PM

It's a funny thing, as much as the console wars annoys me (always has, always will) I always find myself reading articles that set out to inflame them! Must be human nature to seek out conflict.