Go Back   Official PlayStation Magazine UK > The Magazine

Old 17-04-2012, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPM_Ben View Post
Sensible World Of Soccer 2012. Same game engine as the classic Amiga/PC one with every team in the world. Fully customisable squads of 20 players. Want, want, want.
Every team in the world? Even U-15's? That could be quite good if it had a 'Be A Pro' mode where you start off as a talented kid and work your way up to world class status, being scouted by academies etc.

I'd make a game that adapts to the player with MMO features but it's based on chance - like the real world. Fit the whole world in the game to 100% accuracy but rather than work a 9til5 (which you could do if you want a Sims life) you may be involved in a freak accident where you develop super powers and you can suddenly go out an be a super hero/villain. Fancy joining the army? go ahead. Become a member of neighborhood watch. Be a prisoner trying to break out of jail. A street racer where you buy your cars from real dealerships. If you wanted to be a journalist for a certain game's magazine, you could do that too!

So life in a game basically... only cooler... much cooler
Old 19-04-2012, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3FAR105 View Post
I'd make a game that adapts to the player with MMO features but it's based on chance - like the real world. Fit the whole world in the game to 100% accuracy but rather than work a 9til5 (which you could do if you want a Sims life) you may be involved in a freak accident where you develop super powers and you can suddenly go out an be a super hero/villain. Fancy joining the army? go ahead. Become a member of neighborhood watch. Be a prisoner trying to break out of jail. A street racer where you buy your cars from real dealerships. If you wanted to be a journalist for a certain game's magazine, you could do that too!

So life in a game basically... only cooler... much cooler
I'd probably play that.
Old 23-04-2012, 05:37 AM

What does it take to become a member of the OPM team? Is it all just witty banter skills, or are qualifications actually needed?

Thanks,
Cable ties
Old 23-04-2012, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul54Fowlkes View Post
What does it take to become a member of the OPM team? Is it all just witty banter skills, or are qualifications actually needed?

Thanks,
Cable ties
Well I can imagine you may need to be literate in order to write the reviews!
So probably good English A levels really.
Old 24-04-2012, 03:31 PM

I need your help OPM!

Ok, so I'm a big fan of the Infamous games. I have the platinum trophies for 1&2 and I have 100% trophies for 'Festival of Blood'. I considered buying the first Prototype game but chose Infamous instead, which I think was the right choice to make. I'm on the fence about Prototype 2. If I bought it I might enjoy it but I fear that it will just be overshadowed by such fond memories of Infamous. Is Prototype 2 for me or should I just wait for Infamous 3?
Old 24-04-2012, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3FAR105 View Post
I need your help OPM!

Ok, so I'm a big fan of the Infamous games. I have the platinum trophies for 1&2 and I have 100% trophies for 'Festival of Blood'. I considered buying the first Prototype game but chose Infamous instead, which I think was the right choice to make. I'm on the fence about Prototype 2. If I bought it I might enjoy it but I fear that it will just be overshadowed by such fond memories of Infamous. Is Prototype 2 for me or should I just wait for Infamous 3?
They're two different games. Sure, if you reaaaally disect them they have got (kind of) the same concept but again they're completely different. Also, inFamous 3 hasn't even been announced yet so you could be waiting at least 2 to 3 years waiting. Enough time to play Prototype 1/2 then inFamous 1/2 again to remember why you love the game.
Old 27-04-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlStuart View Post
They're two different games. Sure, if you reaaaally disect them they have got (kind of) the same concept but again they're completely different. Also, inFamous 3 hasn't even been announced yet so you could be waiting at least 2 to 3 years waiting. Enough time to play Prototype 1/2 then inFamous 1/2 again to remember why you love the game.
Ok maybe I'm being a bit stubborn with this game. I understand they're not exactly the same but that's kind of the problem. I crave for more Infamous and I know it hasn't been announced yet but I'm hoping there will be some news at E3. Maybe I'll give Prototype 2 a go in the meantime - Once the price has dropped a little

Thanks Carl
Old 03-05-2012, 03:35 PM

Why is there not more interaction with you guys and girls on this website/forum?
Old 13-05-2012, 03:41 PM

exactly io dont know what you are asking to do so
Old 01-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul54Fowlkes View Post

Thanks,
Cable ties
Good writing skills, more than anything. We were looking for a staff writer last year and had 136 applications, but only interviewed six people. The others simply weren't of a high enough calibre in terms of writing ability.

We actually ended up bringing two of those candidates aboard (Louise Blain and Phil Iwaniuk), and another, Rob Pearson, joined PlayStation Access.

Anyone can write about games, of course. But writing about them well - bringing detail, and opinion, and flair to every piece of copy you write, be it 3000 words or 30 - is a very difficult skill. And even for people like Leon and I, who've been doing this for years, it's a constant learning process.

Qualifications are secondary, but of course help. The writers here do all have degrees...
Ben - Journalism
Leon - Biology
Joel - Philosophy & Theology
Phil - Creative Studies & English
Louise - Film & Media & Philosophy

... but it wasn't those degrees that got them an interview, or their job. There are plenty of people on other mags at Future - PSM3, Edge, Games Master etc - who didn't go to uni but are still brilliant at what they do. And again, that all comes back to writing ability. If you're good enough, you'll get there eventually.