Go Back   Official PlayStation Magazine UK > Off topic

Old 10-04-2012, 09:40 PM

Default What music do you guys like? Any other musicians on here?

Hey guys!

As you may have read from my very first post on here, I am currently in a rock band but have an interest in a wide range of music. Don't worry, I'm not going to use this thread to advertise my band!

I was just wondering what everybody's taste in music was on here? M,usic has always been an intrinsic part of games since day one, so I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone is into!

As you may have gathered I am into classic rock (Rolling Stones, Beatles, AC/DC, Jimi Hendrix) but I'm currently listening to a lot of Metal (Motley Crue, Def Leppard).

I've been know to listen to Punk, Indie, Soul, Motown, most music from the 60'sand also some Reggae. There's probably a lot more but that's off the top of my head.

Don't worry, I won't discriminate against people for their musical tastes, even if you like Beiber or The Wanted! OK maybe I will if you like Beiber!

Would really like to know what you guys are into, or if there are any other fellow musicians on these boards.

Rock on!
Old 11-04-2012, 07:09 AM

Default Ac/dc

Noting is better than AC/DC when playing Need for Speed. This is my favourite
Old 11-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Administrator

All-American Rejects, Fun, Shinedown, Alter Bridge, OK Go, Pink, My Chemical Romance, Green Day, Rialto, Mansun, My Life Story, Exile Inside, Melaton, Suede, Travis, Pulp...

... all that said, I'm off to see Steps at the O2 next week.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPM_Ben View Post
All-American Rejects, Fun, Shinedown, Alter Bridge, OK Go, Pink, My Chemical Romance, Green Day, Rialto, Mansun, My Life Story, Exile Inside, Melaton, Suede, Travis, Pulp...

Some good bands in there. I love Paramore, also, thanks for putting Hayley Williams in the mag. Made my day!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPM_Ben View Post

Steps?! Oh dear! Surely the missus had something to do with this Some good bands there though fella, saw MCR headline the Leeds festival last year and to be fair they were really good.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlStuart View Post
Some good bands in there. I love Paramore, also, thanks for putting Hayley Williams in the mag. Made my day!
I second the Hayley Williams mention, not a fan of Paramore per se but she definitely caught my eye (much to my girl's annoyance)! I think Paramore are at the Leeds/Reading festival this year, might convince the missus to come along!
Old 12-04-2012, 04:41 PM

I listen to lots of stuff. Mainly Nickelback, Theory of a Deadman, Eminem, Skrillex, Tenacious D (new album next month!), Sean Paul, LMFAO, 30 Seconds to Mars, Foo Fighters, Drake, U2, Ministry Of Sound Annuals - just to name a few
Old 19-04-2012, 08:32 AM

Currently: Frank Turner, Jimmy Eat World, Emmy the Great, Billy Bragg, the Mountain Goats, Morrissey, Ash, Bright Eyes, Kathleen Edwards, Pulp, Rise Against, Simon & Garfunkel, Slow Club… and so on.

I'm also occasionally (maybe more than occasionally) with Ben on the cheesy pop front. '80s power ballads are my kryptonite.
Old 19-04-2012, 12:53 PM

My music tastes are very particular. I more or less don't listen to anything released since 2000, excluding stuff from bands that existed pre-millennium. I couldn't tell you basic facts about current "artists" besides the fact that I don't like them and their success is largely built off sampling classic tracks.

Some of my favourite bands would be:
Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Thin Lizzy, Guns 'N Roses (not the current lineup), Black Sabbath, Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, Motörhead, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Pantera, Van Halen, AC/DC, KISS, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Queen, Pink Floyd. Oh, and pretty much anything by Nobuo Uematsu and Ennio Morricone.

Platinum trophies: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, CoD: MW2, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Resident Evil 5, Assassin's Creed II, Fallout 3, Batman: Arkham Asylum, CoD: WaW, CoD: BO, Final Fantasy XIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Heavy Rain, Batman: Arkham City, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands, Far Cry 3, Skyrim, Hotline: Miami
Old 20-04-2012, 06:44 PM

Either Burnout Takedown or the old Halo