I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Uncgarted yet
That's pretty cool
Old 11-04-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecold_beer View Post
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Uncgarted yet
That's pretty cool
I've never heard of Uncgarted! Sorry.
I like uncharted, mirror edge theme, skyrim, fallout 3. Also the kingdom hearts 'simple and clean' theme song. Even though the lyrics make no sense.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:18 PM

I have a few that I really enjoy. The entire FFVII and VIII soundtracks plus the vast majority of IX are incredible, not to mention To Zanarkand from X. Shadow of the Colossus, Skyrim, Metal Gear Solid's version of Theme of Tara, Snake Eater (because it's like a Bond theme), the music from the main menu of MGS4. One of my all-time favourites has to be the Deus Ex main theme

My favourite Final Fantasy tracks would be:
VII
Opening/Bombing Mission
Sending a Dream into the Universe
Aeris' Theme
One Winged Angel

VIII
The Landing
Liberi Fatali
The Castle
Waltz of the Moon

IX
Rose of May
Vamo' Alla Flamenco
Hunter's Chance
The Place I'll Return to Someday

Whew! Just had to get that out of my system.

Platinum trophies: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, CoD: MW2, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Resident Evil 5, Assassin's Creed II, Fallout 3, Batman: Arkham Asylum, CoD: WaW, CoD: BO, Final Fantasy XIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Heavy Rain, Batman: Arkham City, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands, Far Cry 3, Skyrim, Hotline: Miami
Old 24-04-2012, 05:18 PM

Need to keep this thread alive, so many great songs mentioned here! Here's another..
Great Monkey Island Remix for Lechuck's theme, loving this one, so much fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQhtR-yoObs
Old 08-05-2012, 08:52 PM

Wow, so many great soundtracks to list them all! As a musician I would say that most soundtracks that are done well and that really nring out the moment work best. The heartbreaking scene with Aeris in FF7 wouldn't have had nearly the same impact without the music that went with it! That theme will stay with me forever I think!
Also the main intro to FF7 (which I believe is used for most of the FF games) sticks in your head.
Although probably not 'mainstream' games I find myself humming the tunes from Deathspank and from the opening level of Earthworm Jim quite a lot! Top tunes!
I agree with the poster who mentioned Streets of Rage, truly remarkable music in those games.
Who remembers the effortlessly funky beats that went with Toejam and Earl on the MegaDrive?
For those not in the know, check out the vid! So many happy memories: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTIrdlRs--Q
Old 11-05-2012, 08:30 AM

Massive fan of video game soundtracks, so it would take forever to list all the ones I own / like. A few I can think of right now are:

Final Fantasy (most of them since FF VII)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Silent Hill (all of them)
Resident Evil (all of them)
Uncharted (especially 2 and 3)
Metal Gear Solid (1, 2, 3 & 4)
Parasite Eve 1
Old 07-08-2012, 01:41 PM

Big fan of Game Soundtracks.

My personal choice's would be GTA IV Main Theme 'Soviet Connection', Red Dead Redemption Soundtrack especially ' Born Unto Trouble'. Assassin's Creed II is also brilliant with 'Earth' and 'Ezio's Family' being my picks. And going back to PS2 one of the best in my opinion which has seemingly been forgotten is the SXX 3 soundtrack, oh my god the music in that is just insanely good every song fits perfectly. Heavy Rain also has a fantastic soundtrack as well.

But generally Rockstar just have outstanding soundtrack's with Red Dead Redemption being my favorite game and soundtrack ever.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:53 PM

I think the Mass Effect 3 soundtrack is great. Here are some examples,
"Leaving Earth" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGHA9oO1Ybg&feature=plcp
"An End Once And For All" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5JvbD2Zc9I&feature=plcp
"A Future For The Krogan" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ3BaMg60nc&feature=plcp
Old 08-08-2012, 11:50 PM

I like the main menu theme from Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I think it goes well with the extremely cool polygon art style.
I assume that because there is a Game of Thrones game, that it uses the intro theme from the series. One of my favourites. In fact, I like it so much, I've made it the intro track to an mp3 CD for my car.
Finally, not a video game I know, but how haunting is Blood Theme from Dexter?

Platinum trophies: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, CoD: MW2, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Resident Evil 5, Assassin's Creed II, Fallout 3, Batman: Arkham Asylum, CoD: WaW, CoD: BO, Final Fantasy XIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Heavy Rain, Batman: Arkham City, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands, Far Cry 3, Skyrim, Hotline: Miami