Go Back   Official PlayStation Magazine UK > PlayStation games

Old 27-02-2012, 03:00 AM

Default So, does anyone have a Vita yet?

I'm dying to get my hands on one, but got to get the funds first!

Does anyone have one yet? If so, what's your initial impressions?
Old 27-02-2012, 09:04 AM

No, handheld gaming just isn't my thing. I've had two psps in the past and on both occasions they ended up in a cupboard collecting dust as I had no cause to use them.

The Vita is a very nice bit of kit, but for me I don't see it as a worthwhile investment.
Splinter Cell Collection
Old 27-02-2012, 12:04 PM

I do. 3G Vita, 8GB card, Rayman, Uncharted and WipEout (from the Vodafone offer).
It's fantastic and so far, it's hardly been out of my hands. I just wish they'd hurry up and get some more games on the shelves.

Platinum trophies: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, CoD: MW2, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Resident Evil 5, Assassin's Creed II, Fallout 3, Batman: Arkham Asylum, CoD: WaW, CoD: BO, Final Fantasy XIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Heavy Rain, Batman: Arkham City, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands, Far Cry 3, Skyrim, Hotline: Miami
Old 27-02-2012, 01:22 PM

I got the Amazon pre-order deal. Wifi Vita + free 8GB + Rayman = 225. It's even cheaper now but I don't mind. It's worth every penny I paid for it, maybe more.

The console is just great in every aspect. It's so damn sexy, and it's just everything you wished the PSP was and more (cliche, I know). The games are so much better in quality and the screen is amazing. Using the touch screen with real buttons is underrated. The only time I've used my PS3 since Vita's release was only to transfer music and videos and I tried the remote play feature - that's it. I give it a 10/10

Old 27-02-2012, 02:46 PM

I'm on my second already The first one was faulty and wasn't accepting network messages (a big problem when it comes to getting the Wipeout code and registering for the Vodafone website). However... It is an awesome piece of kit. I keep booting up Uncharted and checking into Near just to see how many people are playing. It's strangely addictive. The games I've played so far make good use of the Vita's new tech but as this is just the beginning this could get even more interesting. I can't wait to see what Bioshock and Assassin's Creed are like!

My Gaming Blog
(My thoughts on games and other randomness!!)
Old 27-02-2012, 09:34 PM

Wow, sounds like a lot of positive feedback here. Just a shame I can't really justify buying one, as things are really picking up with my band and I will need the money to buy gear and such Ah well, I still have my trusty PSP with Football Manager 2012 loaded for daily use. Come on you Wigan! PS I am not a Wigan fan, I just wanted a challenge
Old 27-02-2012, 10:53 PM

I was outside Gamestation at 8.00 AM to get mine before work, and they fucked up my pre-order so I had to come after work anyway! I used to work there so I guess I wasn't a priority

I got Uncharted, 8GB memory and the starter kit.

It's not bad, i'm not really a fan of the interface, and how every app has to load and reconnect to PSN. I was hoping for a more integrated experience. Golden Abyss was very good!
Old 14-03-2012, 11:46 PM

My Bday is coming up so I'm treating myself to one. Can only get one game though so it's Uncharted and some demoes to begin with. maybe I cann get Escape plan though as that looks cool
Old 19-03-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecold_beer View Post
My Bday is coming up so I'm treating myself to one. Can only get one game though so it's Uncharted and some demoes to begin with. maybe I cann get Escape plan though as that looks cool
I'm still waiting for my pre-order discount code before I buy Escape Plan as I should get a 5 discount but at 9.99 it looks like a good investment.

My Gaming Blog
(My thoughts on games and other randomness!!)
Old 27-03-2012, 06:13 PM

A month (or so) down the line, and I've not been using it as much as I had been. The reason for that though, is because I've finished Uncharted (less all the treasures, photos, etc.); can't be bothered with Rayman; Escape Plan is quite a novel idea and puts the controls to good, if a tad clunky, use. Unfortunately, it is also quite repetitive; Fifa's demo was keeping me occupied, but there are only so many times you can play combinations of Barcelona, AC Milan, Borussia Dortmund, Marseille, Man City (not so much, being a Utd fan) and Arsenal.

I was going to get Unit 13, because I played that demo to death, but I can't see that offering much more than I've experienced.

I'm afraid my Vita purchase list (at the time of writing) begins with MGS HD Collection, which is due for Japanese release in June. God knows when it will drop on these shores.

Platinum trophies: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, CoD: MW2, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Resident Evil 5, Assassin's Creed II, Fallout 3, Batman: Arkham Asylum, CoD: WaW, CoD: BO, Final Fantasy XIII, BioShock, L.A. Noire, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, Heavy Rain, Batman: Arkham City, inFAMOUS 2, The Walking Dead, Virtue's Last Reward, Borderlands, Far Cry 3, Skyrim, Hotline: Miami