Driveclub PS4 release date confirmed, Wolfenstein: The New Order shows stealth options and changes to Evolve’s monster skill progression – daily PlayStation news round up
All in all, it’s been a good news day for PlayStation fans. Driveclub finally has a new release date, Wolfenstein shows its stealthier side and as far as we’re aware, no-one left Naughty Dog today. Get the full info on Driveclub’s return, Evolve’s tweaked upgrade system and more in your daily round up.
Daily PlayStation news round up
- Driveclub’s back! After going “back to the drawing board” according to one Sony exec, Evolution’s PS4 racer will release this October 8th. That puts it almost a year later than originally planned, but on the birght side Sony’s still planning to go ahead with the PS Plus edition. Lacking a few cars and tracks, it’ll cost you nowt if you’re a Plus subscriber.
- Now, here’s Wolfenstein doing its best Splinter Cell impression. BJ isn’t just a mahcine gun with legs (and a compulsion for toe-curling quips), it seems. This new trailer shows him crouching, leaning, throwing knives, using silenced pistols and picking locks like he’s Sam Fisher trying not to wake his wife after getting home from a night out. Regarder:
- It looks like Turtle Rock has had a bit of a rethink about Evolve’s monsters and how they grow stronger during a round. According to an IGN preview the monster now starts with three abilities instead of two, and eats wildlife to upgrade those abilities rather than unlock new ones. You can never max out every ability, however. As IGN mentions, the previous system felt really well balanced, so it remains to be seen whether this is a change for the better.
- A few more release dates for you: Titan Attacks is headed to PS3, PS4 and Vita on May 7th, The Swapper makes the leap from PC to all three on June 24 and Mousecraft will arrive on PS4 and Vita on July 9th. Outlast’s Whistleblower DLC is also out soon on May 6th, priced at $8.99 (UK price TBC).
- Watch Dogs has detailed its season pass. Here are the details, via an official press release:
- All-New Single-Player Story – Take on the role of T-Bone, a brilliant but eccentric hacker who lives by his own rules.
- Conspiracy! – A new Digital Trip Game Mode that lets players hunt down cyborgs in this mind bending alternate game universe.
- More single player missions, weapons, and outfits.
- Save more than 25% over the individual downloadable pack prices.
- Season Pass holders get one-week early access to all included Watch Dogs add-on content.