Sony announce 4.2 million PS4s & 9.7 million games sold, plus PS Plus subs up 90%
Sony has shared some fairly impressive PS4 stats, specifically 4.2 million cumulative PS4 sales (as of December 28th), as well as 9.7 million games. As a result uptake of PS Plus has also nearly doubled.
More on Sony
Here are the full facts from Sony’s press release:
- Cumulative sales of PS4 have reached 4.2 million as of December 28, 2013.
- PS4 software sales reached more than 9.7million in retail stores and through digital downloads on PlayStation Store.
- Global PS Plus subscriptions have increased by more than 90% since the PS4 launch.
- To date, more than 1.7 million gameplay broadcasts have been streamed from PS4 systems via Twitch and Ustream, totalling more than 55 million minutes.
- According to Twitch, 20% of broadcasters are PS4 owners. Ustream is reporting an average of 40 minutes of streaming per broadcaster. All these gameplay broadcast generate nearly 22 million*9 spectate sessions.
In the release Sony President Andrew House said, “we couldn’t be more thrilled”, possibly while dancing. He also mentioned “bringing even more exciting content, new features and services in 2014” including the just announced game streaming service PlayStation Now.