Minecraft PS3 tips from Mojang
If in doubt, follow these guidelines from Mojang themselves, originally posted over at the EU Blog:
- Never dig straight down! It’s a lot harder to get back to the surface, and you might end up dropping into lava. Lava is uncomfortably hot.
- Never dig straight up! You might end up with a head full of sand, gravel, or the melty hot stuff we mentioned earlier.
- If you come to a junction while mining, and one of the routes leads upwards, take that one. Explore the safe options first, and then go adventuring deep underground.
- Always watch your back in dark places! There might be something scary behind you… waaah!
- Make sure you bring torches. Place them first, then collect the resources later.
- Tools are great! Use them and upgrade when you get the chance.
- Mean things come out at night. It’s probably wise to build yourself a shelter before it gets dark.
- Don’t forget to bring food with you when exploring. There’s nothing worse than going hungry.
- Iron armour gives great protection and isn’t too tricky to craft.
- Don’t look directly at the bugs – that one’s from 4J Studios.
- What to do first in Minecraft on PS3
- Minecraft food recipes & avoiding starvation
- How to survive your first night in Minecraft
- How to get Minecraft’s best pickaxe
- Minecraft ore mining guide
- Get all the wood from Minecraft’s trees
- How do you finish Minecraft?
- Minecraft PS3 tips from Mojang