How to get Minecraft’s best pickaxe
While there are a range of tools in Mincraft with various uses – axes to shop trees, shovels to dig and so on – it’s the pickaxe that’s vital. It’s this that you need to mine ores and stones, the crucial resources you’ll required to craft most other objects and items in the game.
Pickaxes can be made from a stick (crafted from two wood planks) and three of one type of the the following materials:
The catch is that only certain things can be used to mine progressive harder materials. A diamond pickaxe for example is the only thing that can be used to mine Obsidian (handy for its ability to withstand explosions). An iron pickaxe is needed to harvest gold and so on. As you work up the range you’ll make tools that last longer and work faster although you can skip ahead if you get lucky and find an Iron pickaxe randomly in some chests (not much of a head start but better than nothing).
- What to do first in Minecraft on PS3
- Minecraft food recipes & avoiding starvation
- How to survive your first night in Minecraft
- How to get Minecraft’s best pickaxe
- Minecraft ore mining guide
- Get all the wood from Minecraft’s trees
- How do you finish Minecraft?
- Minecraft PS3 tips from Mojang