Mark Darrah, the executive producer of Dragon Age Inquisition, has posted an update with plenty of detail on the game’s progress including mention that the story is now playable from start to finish. So it’s basically done, right?
According to Darrah the team has just finished a “Holiday Build” something he describes as a “build we create around the holiday break that are packaged in a way that allows the team to play the game in as complete of a state as we can get it”. So that includes the following:
- The main storyline completely playable from beginning to end: This allows the story to be experienced in an interactive state, and lets us get pacing and spacing right.
- All of the gameplay systems working together: This means that you can experience the game as it is intended to be experienced, with each feature feeding into another.
- Starting VO recording for large parts of the game (More on this later).
- Getting music in (More on this later).
- Making sure that each class has a distinctive feel: Making sure that the party is a necessary and exciting part of combat (More on this later).
- Getting our tech locked down.
Check out all the art and screens. Thanks blog.bioware.com.