PS4′s Share button streams “20 million minutes of live gameplay” & other crazy stats
After announcing that the PS4 Share button had been used 6.5 million times last week Sony has more stats, including total number of broadcasts, spectators and just how much of Twitch is now made up of PlayStation 4 gamers. (Clue: it’s a lot for such a new thing.)
Shuhei Yoshida says “interest in streaming live gameplay has surpassed our wildest expectations” and the PS4′s Share button stats are impressive:
- 800,000 gameplay broadcasts and more than
- 7.1 million spectate sessions via Twitch and Ustream.
- 20 million minutes of live gameplay streamed from PS4 systems across the globe.
- Ustream’s PS4 broadcasts lasts for an average of 31 minutes
- 10% of all Twitch content broadcast since 15th November is from PS4
- PS4′s Share Menu has been accessed 10.9 million times since launch
Thanks EU Blog.