Square Enix has announced a remastered PS4 version of Tomb Raider will be releasing on January 31st. The reworking of the PS3 original features a range of improvements to tech including textures, lighting, effects and, most importantly, hair. Here are the full specs for the new features.
Tomb Raider’s executive producer, Scot Amos says this is “custom built” for the PS4, mentioning the team “pulled the game apart and rebuilt it to add enhanced visual storytelling”. As well as the visual upgrades the Definitive Edition (which costs £49.99) also packs in “all of the original downloadable content, plus digital versions of the Dark Horse comic, Brady Games mini-art book and the Final Hours developer videos”.
Here’s the list of the new technical stuff:
Lara Croft presented in unprecedented high definition detail:
- An all new Lara model created to take advantage of the power of next-gen consoles
- TRESS FX technology that delivers realistic hair simulation and motion with every strand being physically active
- Shader and lighting reworked to showcase the raw physicality of Lara’s journey through sweat, mud, and blood materials and effects
A physical world put in motion thanks to brand new hardware architecture:
- The world has been dynamically brought to life using complex physical world simulation on trees, foliage, cloth, weather, lighting and effects
- All texture resolutions have been created at 4x resolution for maximum resolution and detail
- In-game characters, enemies and destructibility have been enhanced for added depth and realism
- Subsurface scattering technology implemented to capture the most physically accurate lighting simulation and deliver a great sense of believability
- Native 1080p gameplay gives outstanding visual fidelity and showcases the beauty of Yamatai in all its high definition glory
"", "PlayStation", "", "PSP", "", "" "DUALSHOCK", "SIXAXIS" and "" are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Also, "" is a trademark of the same company. All rights reserved.