There’s some new info on PS4‘s Knack covering the story, key characters and a variety of his abilities. The various forms Knack can take have distinct pro and cons – metal is powerful for example but make him magnetic. There’s also apparently, “90 minutes of fully mo-capped cinematic cutscenes (featuring some familiar voice acting talent)”.
Here’s the plot and cast:
“The story of course revolves around Knack, mankind’s secret weapon against the goblin threat. After the goblins invade the human settlement, Knack sets out to find the goblin hideout and discover how the primitive goblins got their hands on advanced tanks and airships. While you always play as Knack, there are a lot of other characters who factor into the story”
- Lucas – Very level headed for such a young age, and Knack’s best friend.
- Doctor – Knack’s creator is a genius but can be moody and impetuous at times. He also raised Lucas since the boy’s parents died, so he’s pulling double duty as a father figure. Although he’s not always good at it…
- Ryder – Lucas’ uncle is a brave adventurer and explorer who is invaluable to the mission to defeat the goblins.
- Viktor – A billionaire industrialist who makes his fortune mining the ancient relics that provide power for electricity, machinery, vehicles and more. He brings his powerful robots on the expedition to discover more about the goblin threat.
- Katrina – Viktor’s head of security, she’s tough and composed no matter what occurs.
Knack is made of the same relics mined by Victor and can use them to grow in size between several size options: 3, 6, 15 and 30 feet scales. He’s also able to use other materials. Ice, for example lets, lets him gain size but melts giving you a time limit to use the added bulk. Metal lets him become a lot tougher but also makes him magnetic which can cause “interesting problems”. Wood is apparently lets Knack achieve one of his biggest sizes but can catch fire, something that can be used to burn through to other areas .
Thanks EU Blog.