God Of War team “transitioning to other projects at Sony Santa Monica”, PSN release coming
Not that you knew it but until recently the God Of War Ascension team were still working on the game’s multiplayer, adding DLC and balancing gameplay. As of the 11th that all stopped with no more content being made as, “primary team resources start to transition to other projects at Sony Santa Monica“. In short the GOW: Ascension devs are starting new games.
It’s not all over for Kratos just yet though as the team has announced it’s left the following racked up and ready to go:
- Upcoming Balance Update – our Designers have plowed through mountains of gameplay feedback and are currently working on balance improvements that will tune-up all the Allegiances. We are aiming for this balance update to release later this month. Rest assured, things like the Ares Olympus Armor -20 (PR) is being heavily diagnosed.
- Dedicated Online Support – we will be monitoring online 24/7 and any new major balance exploits discovered in the weeks or months ahead, we will assess for fixing.
- PSN Digital Release in October – This month, we’ll be releasing the digital download version of God of War: Ascension to the masses that have yet to experience the beginning of Kratos’ journey and our Ascension Multiplayer. The digital version will be released on October 15 for North America, with other regions to follow soon after. Make sure to check www.godofwar.com for updates on the digital release in your region.
- All DLC items will receive special pricing options upon digital version release in their region (NA pricing options released on October 22, 2013).
- The God of War: Ascension Soundtrack will be made available as a free download for all on PSN for a limited time only.
- Double XP Weekend returns October 18 to October 21 worldwide.
Sony Santa Monica also made the following statement about what’s next:
“As of today, we will not be producing any more DLC content (maps, weapons, armors, marks) for God of War: Ascension Multiplayer, as our primary team resources start to transition to other projects here at Sony Santa Monica. However — this is not the end of support for God of War: Ascension Multiplayer.”
Other games currently under development include at least one unannounced project with God Of War 2′s Cory Barlog recently returning to Sony Santa Monica and claiming to be working on something, “freaking huge”. There’s a big fat rumour bone thrown to the crowds. Then there are the collaborative projects it’s supporting such as Ready At Dawn‘s The Order: 1886, Honeyslug‘s Hohokum and The Chinese Room‘s Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture.
Thanks US Blog.