Activision have revealed the first details of Call Of Duty Ghosts’ multiplayer mode including female soldiers, a new game type called Cranked, a competitive Squad mode and the dog as a killstreak.
Call Of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer first screens & details
The Call Of Duty Ghosts trailer opens up on the dog who’s later seen attacking another player while a dog icon on screen shows it’s a killstreak. Riley, also growls when enemies are near. Squads is a new solo, co-op and competitive mode that lets people match their squads against others. One mode, Squad vs Squad, sets you and an AI controlled squad against another human player with their own AI squad. Other modes include Safeguard against wave-based enemies while Squad Assault is a six-player co-op mode that pitches human players against an offline player’s squad. The XP earned here goes into multiplayer.
Here’s the rest:
- The new mode, Cranked, sees a timer starting when you make a kill that needs to be extended with further kills. Fail and you explode.
- Destructible environments include things like exploding petrol stations, falling buses and destructible terrain – at one point a player blows up a sniper’s cover with C4.
- As well as the dog there are are at least two remote-controlled drones types and new Marksmen Rifles, billed as a bridge between snipers and assault class weapons.
- New customisation lets players build a squad of up to 10 soldiers who all have spereate XP and gear.
- There’s a new Field Orders mode where the first player to be killed drops a suitcase with orders for whoever picks it up (thing like getting a certain number of headshots).
- Death Streaks are gone and now you can unlock weapons and streaks (20 new Killstreaks) in any order you want. A prestiged soldier keeps all his gear and there are around 30 new weapons. New streaks include the return of the juggernaut and grenade equipped drone.