The best PlayStation games of 2013 – what’s releasing when this year
Summer has well and truly arrived, so expect a deluge of rain, amazing games and movies, plus the ever-popular Glastonbury festival and, of course, the big one – E3. Is this the month we see the announcement of PS4?
- Green Day (remember them?) are playing at Ashburton Grove in London on the 1st
- E3. 11th-13th June. Los Angeles Convention Centre. We’ll be there, hopefully reporting on the announcement of PS4. Please, Sony? Pleeeease?
- June really is the month of massive movie blockbusters. Superman is back in Man of Steel (produced by Christopher Nolan, penned by David S. Goyer and directed by Zack Snyder – excited?) which hits theatres on the 14th. The 21st sees a return to the magical Pixar world of Mike and Sully, as we learn how the lovable duo became BFFs in Monsters University. To round off, there’s the small matter of Kick Ass 2 on the 28th
- Games wise, we’ve got our money on Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 and Splinter Cell: Blacklist hitting PS3 this month, although neither has a confirmed release date as of yet
- Get your wellies ready because the Glastonbury festival runs from the 26th – 30th. No news on the headline acts at the moment, but if you don’t already have your tickets then you ain’t going.
- Strawberries and cream at the ready, as Wimbledon gets started on the 24th. Come on, Andy!
- Rounding of the month is the always-rainy Formula 1 British Grand Prix at Silvertstone. That’s on the 30th