The Last Of Us May UK release confirmed, pre-orders detailed & multiplayer teased (again)
First up, that The Last Us May 7th release date announced at the end of Friday’s The Last Of Us VGA trailer is confirmed for the UK so, woop. Secondly pre-order details have once again talked about multiplayer, with bonus XP, attack boosters and in-game cash teased as incentives.
The Last Of Us’ mutiplayer
We’ve known The Last of Us would feature a multiplayer mode for a while now but the details are scarce. Naughty Dog’s community strategist Arne Meyer has said, “We’re not quite ready to talk about it yet, but stay tuned as we’ll be revealing more details on multiplayer before The Last of Us is released on May 7th, 2013″. The pre-order ‘Survival Pack’ however gives us our first glimpse at what’s coming. It’s currently being pitched as US GameStop bonus content, and features the following:
- Bonus experience points for multiplayer
- A multiplayer melee attack booster
- Some extra starting in-game cash
- Special customizable character items for multiplayer
- Two special bonus skins for Joel and Ellie which will be unlocked after your complete the single player campaign
I’m going to hazard a guess we’re talking co-op based horde mode from the Survival name. There’s also a more general pre-order offer which sound a bit rubbish. The Sights and Sound pack gets you this:
- The official soundtrack of the game
- A PS3 dynamic theme featuring the cover art
- Two avatars for your PSN profile – Winter Joel and Winter Ellie
Thanks US Blog.