Skyrim PS3 patch live. “Fixed issue where guest would arrive to player’s wedding dead”
The Skyrim PS3 patch went live today. Apart from stopping dead people spoil a Dragonborn’s special day, the crucial bullet point for PS3 owners is: “Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)”.
The initial feedback is that lagging games are now running smoothly and it seems to have sorted the problem. I’ve had a quick look and there’s a noticeably increased smoothness to screen movement even on my relatively unaffected game. I’m going to essentially cane the game to make up for lost time and see how it goes.
You can see the “improved performance” in a video over at CVG.
Here’s the full fix list from Bethesda’s release notes:
UPDATE 1.2 NOTES (all platforms unless specified)
- Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
- Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
- Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
- Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
- Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead
- Dragon corpses now clean up properly
- Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
- Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
- Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
- Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
- Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
- Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
- ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
- Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
- General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)